June 7, 2014

Bittersweet Symphony


 
     It was either last Saturday or two Saturdays ago, who really knows? But anyways my friend has thrown a ton of parties at her house. Not only has it been such a gnarly and crazy fun time these past couple of weeks, but it's been pretty sad too! My final year of high school is ending and I'm starting to realize that I will never see or talk to most my friends and random acquaintances ever again. How crazy is that! I'm also starting to realize that I need to become some sort of adult.
     You'll be seeing a ton of Polaroids from me because I love that little camera. Like in the picture on the right we were all sitting in the kitchen when Come on Eileen came on and all I remember is feelin free and spinning endlessly and dancing and all of us singing the lyrics. I've been feeling alive.

 
    Which brings me back to the "Bittersweet Symphony" when I walked out to the front yard and saw my friend just standing there by himself. He just looked at me and said "how do you feel about high school ending?" and I tried to answer in this drawn out fashion filled with a cacophony of emotions and trying to explain the weirdness that I was feeling and he just nodded and said "bittersweet."
 
    Thus, the Song of the Day is Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve. I remember running back into the backyard, playing that song and just sitting by the fire and reflecting on everything. Also featuring some Jimi Hendrix and other throwbacks to complete the mood. It all went by so fast but these past few weeks have literally made it the best I could have ever asked for.

Also feat. my Party Mix on 8tracks!




Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. oh my god, I love your blog. these photos are amazing and you write so beautifully.

    http://sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thank you so much!! more posts coming coon! :)

      Delete