June 22, 2014

Sunrise, Sunset

      Yesterday I graduated from high school and as I said before it's truly bittersweet! These past few weeks have literally been the best ever and yesterday was no exception! Graduation was a truly memorable event with one poor girl tripping literally four times before she reached the stage, to talking to the guy sitting next to me who is literally so funny! We just laughed about how crazy all the girls shoes were and how the heck they were able to function in them (minus that one poor girl). Oh and as an extra plus, I was able to be in the right place at the right time before graduation to listen to the girl who lost Prom Queen to me talk absolute ish on me. The night before she saw me and my friend going to Bob's and asked us if he was having a party and what not and there I was standing listening to her bitterness. Whoops.

    As mentioned, the night before our great Prom host Bob had another party which was a great time again! I only had one Polaroid of the night with me and two of my guy friends one of which sat next to me in art freshman year. He wrote in my yearbook, "some of my greatest memories of high school took place while sitting next to you in art." And honestly, that was my favorite thing anyone wrote! (I also confessed to one guy that I had a crush on him like the first week of freshman year in his yearbook #fisy) But I thought it was only appropriate that I haven't talked to my art friend since freshman year and just had a conversation with him in our last few days.  It still wasn't real when one girl was talking about how it was our last high school party, although everyone become immediately quiet! But the night was really fun! I started a beach party in Bob's garage including beach chairs and a surfboard and we all danced with a strobe light to the tune of #tbt music while yelling "7th grade dance party!" My friend and I almost did an all-nighter talking about everything from college to relationships to anxiety to eye glasses to going to San Francisco to visiting secret locations to gosh I don't even remember I was so tired aha. But it's really true that the longer you stay up and talk to someone the more personal and real things become.

      Grad night was equally as great! We got our faces painted, funky "ocean theme" hair, glitter tattoo (I got a rainbow flaming skull to fit my bada$$ personality), danced, started a water riot, and watched our friends get hypnotized. It was literally so great! After the night was over me and my two friends drove to the beach and met up with another group and watched the sun come up! Sitting in the dark and talking further proved that staying up late with weary eyes and bodies can stir up some good conversation. Not only that but it can bring out some great Flume remixes. We waded into the ocean, which by the way was literally the warmest it's ever been, and laid out on my friends comforter. And when the sun finally arrived for the day, it was a breath of fresh air! I couldn't get over the fact that only fifteen minutes before it was pitch black. Some sort of symbolism for life perhaps? After the rest of the group left and we were satisfied with our selfies and over our giggling we finally went home! It's a super weird feeling going home after all of that plus when it's light out. I wouldn't trade these past few weeks for anything! The pictures above of the sunrise are from this morning of me and my friend Oscar and the sunset is from awhile back with my boyfriend at one of my favorite places!


Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment